Friday 31 January 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Men Without Women, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1930 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Roger Verbeke: Belgium sport Champion.
- Jean-René Meunier: Deuil Musician.
- Lynn Carlin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Joan Hunter - James at age 15).
- Joakim Bonnier: Swedish race car driver (d. 1972).
- Al De Lory: American record producer arranger conductor and musician (d. 2012).
- 1st US glider flight from a dirigible, Lakehurst, New Jersey
- First US glider flight from a dirigible, Lakehurst, New Jersey.
- 3M begins marketing Scotch Tape.
- The 3M company markets Scotch Tape.
- 2 February - The Communist Party of Vietnam is established.
- While studying photographs taken in January, Clyde Tombaugh confirms the existence of Pluto, a heavenly body considered a planet until 2006, when the term ampquotplanetampquot was officially defined. Pluto is now considered a Dwarf Planet.
- Elm Farm Ollie becomes the first cow to fly in an airplane, and also the first cow to be milked in an airplane.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?