Wednesday 31 January 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
This Side of Heaven, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1934 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- James Franciscus in Clayton: Missouri, USA; actor (Mr Novak, Longstreet, Hunter).
- Ron Weatherburn: Jazz pianist.
- Jean Schillinger: French master chef, the "Alsatian Bocuse," a two-star winner in the Michelin guide which quotes the best chefs.
- Ernesto Brambilla: Italian motorcycle racer and race car driver.
- Gene DeWeese: American writer (d. 2012).
- James Franciscus: Actor (Mr Novak), dies of emphysema at 57
- Bob Turner: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1934)
- FDR devalus dollar in relation to gold at $35 per ounce
- US President Franklin Roosevelt devalues the dollar in relation to gold at $35 per ounce (was $20.67 since 1837).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?