Monday 31 January 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Captain America, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1944 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Eugene Terre: Blanche; South African leader of Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging.
- Charley Musselwhite blues musician (Stand Back: Louisiana Fog).
- Connie Booth: American-English actress and psychotherapist.
- John Inverarity: Australian cricketer.
- Charlie Musselwhite: American singer-songwriter and harmonica player.
- Anton Korteweg: Dutch poet (For the Good Order)
- Jean Giraudoux: French novelist, essayist, diplomat and playwright.
- U-592 sunk off Ireland
- Operation-Overlord (D-Day) postponed until June.
- US forces invade Kwajalein Atoll.
- World War II: During Anzio campaign 1st Ranger Battalion (Darby's Rangers) is destroyed behind enemy lines in a heavily outnumbered encounter at Battle of Cisterna, Italy.
- WWII: American forces land on Kwajalein Atoll and other islands in the Japanese-held Marshall Islands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- No Love, No Nothin' - Ella Mae Morse
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?