Monday 31 January 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1949 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Bob Berdella: American homicide, a serial killer who tortured and killed five men, all from drug injections and/or suffocation.
- Norris Mailer: American model, actress, artist and writer with her first book published in mid-2000, "Windchill Summer.
- Ken Wilber: American metaphysical philosopher and author of over 16 books, Wilber calls himself an "integral philosopher.
- Norris Church Mailer: American model and widow of Norman Mailer (d. 2010).
- Carol Hawkins: Actress (Dialing for Dingbats).
- Johan Derksen: Dutch footballer and sports journalist
- Henri de Vries [Hendricus Walterop]: Actor (Cleopatra), dies at 84.
- 1st daytime soap on TV These Are My Children (NBC in Chicago)
- Forces from the Communist Party of China enter Beijing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?