Monday 31 January 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Hawkins and Norris Church Mailer.
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Admiral Broadway Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1949 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Carol Hawkins: Actress (Dialing for Dingbats).
- Norris Church Mailer: American model and widow of Norman Mailer (d. 2010).
- Bob Berdella: American homicide, a serial killer who tortured and killed five men, all from drug injections and/or suffocation.
- Norris Mailer: American model, actress, artist and writer with her first book published in mid-2000, "Windchill Summer.
- Ken Wilber: American metaphysical philosopher and author of over 16 books, Wilber calls himself an "integral philosopher.
- Johan Derksen: Dutch footballer and sports journalist
- Henri de Vries [Hendricus Walterop]: Actor (Cleopatra), dies at 84.
- 1st daytime soap on TV These Are My Children (NBC in Chicago)
- Forces from the Communist Party of China enter Beijing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?