Saturday 31 January 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aart Mol and Didier Gomez.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Private Secretary.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1953 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Aart Mol: Dutch bassist (Catapult).
- Didier Gomez: French interior architect and designer, one of his clients is Harrison Ford.
- Ovidiu Lipan: Romanian drummer.
- Princess Victoria capsized off Stanraer Scotland
- NY, Cleveland, and Boston retaliate at Bill Veeck, forcing the Browns to play afternoon games to avoid sharing TV revenues
- Hurricane-like winds flood Netherlands drowning nearly 2,000.
- A North Sea flood causes over 1,800 deaths in the Netherlands.
- February 1 – The North Sea flood of 1953 kills 1,836 people in the southwestern Netherlands (especially Zeeland), 307 in the United Kingdom in the Irish Sea.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?