Tuesday 31 January 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1956 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Trevor A: Manuel; South African UDF/African National Congress-leader.
- John Lydon: English singer, songwriter and musician, also known by his former stage name Johnny Rotten.
- Stefan Majewski: Polish footballer and coach.
- A A Milne: English author (Born 1882).
- Juscelino Kubitschek becomes President of Brazil.
- French government of Mollet forms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 January 1956 and get them!