Saturday 31 January 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1959 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Jonathan Veitch: American noted family, the son of Carol Lee Stuart Ladd and film executive Jonathan Veitch.
- Philippe Monnet: French single-handed sailor, a multiple record holder in various races.
- Anthony LaPaglia: Australian footballer actor and producer.
- Kelly Lynch: American model and actress.
- Kelly Moore: American stock car driver.
- Mickey Simmonds: English keyboard player and songwriter
- Joe Cronin signs seven-year pact to become head of American League.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 January 1959 and get them!