Sunday 31 January 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1960 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Elaine Roque in Santa Monica: California, USA; beach volleyball player (Olympics-1996).
- George Benjamin: British composer of classical music.
- Grant Morrison: Scottish comic book writer, playwright and occultist.
- Akbar Ganji: Iranian journalist and author.
- Željko Šturanović: Montenegrin politician; 31st Prime Minister of Montenegro (d. 2014).
- Lowell Gilmore: Actor (Calcutta, Roadblock), dies at 53.
- Songwriter Adolph Green marries actress / singer Phyllis Newman in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Andy Williams - The Village Of St. Bernadette
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 January 1960 and get them!