Sunday 31 January 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Downtown by Petula Clark.
Onibaba, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1965 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Giorgos Gasparis: Greek basketball player and coach.
- Ofra Harnoy: Canadian cellist.
- Bianca Yasmin Salahshourian in Fairfield: Connecticut, USA; Miss Connecticut-America (1990).
- Bobby Dollas in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; NHL defenseman (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Kim Clarke in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; team handball back court (Olympics-1988, 1992, 1996).
- Adam Johnson in Portland: Oregon, USA; beach volleyball player (Olympics-1996).
- Pud Galvin elected to baseball Hall of Fame.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 January 1965 and get them!