Wednesday 31 January 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Green Tambourine by The Lemon Pipers.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor Faustus, directed by Richard Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1968 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Matt King: English actor producer and screenwriter.
- Michael Sinclair: NFL defensive end (Seattle Seahawks).
- Steve Phoenix: US baseball pitcher (Oakland Athletics).
- Doug Pederson: NFL quarterback (Green Bay Packers-Super Bowl XXXI).
- Francesco Liparota: Italian teaching assistant along with Marta Russo.
- Douglas Pederson: American football player with the Green Bay Packers.
- Ulrica Messing: Swedish politician, a minister in several social democrat governments.
- Patrick Stevens: Belgian athlete, field and track star who held the Belgian record in the 200 m. dash. At the Atlanta Olympics, 1996, he was 25th in the 100 m. and 7th in the 200 m; the only European to participate in the 200 m. finals.
- Record high barometric pressure (1083.8 mb, 32 inches), at Agata, USSR.
- Nauru (formerly Pleasant Island) declares independence from Australia.
- Viet Cong attack the United States embassy in Saigon, and other attacks, in the early morning hours, later grouped together as the Tet Offensive.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Bobby Simpson takes 5-59 versus India in his last Test for ten years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- Classics IV - Spooky
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 January 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?