Friday 31 January 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mathew Pallister in Sydney and Dov Charney.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Riptide.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1969 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Mathew Pallister in Sydney: New South Wales, Australia; canoeist (Olympics-1996).
- Dov Charney: Entrepreneur.
- Beatles perform last live gig (42-min concert on roof of Apple HQs)
- Vice Admiral Rufus L Taylor, US Navy, ends term as deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?