Friday 31 January 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1969 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Mathew Pallister in Sydney: New South Wales, Australia; canoeist (Olympics-1996).
- Dov Charney: Entrepreneur.
- Beatles perform last live gig (42-min concert on roof of Apple HQs)
- Vice Admiral Rufus L Taylor, US Navy, ends term as deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 January 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?