Sunday 31 January 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corey Holliday and Brandi Sherwood Miss Idaho-USA (1997.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1971 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Corey Holliday: NFL wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Brandi Sherwood Miss Idaho-USA (1997: second, succeeded Brook Lee).
- Lee Young Ae: South Korean actress.
- Dimitris Markos: Greek footballer.
- Patricia Velasquez: Venezuelan actress and model.
- Patrick Kielty: Northern Irish comedian and television presenter
- Patricia Velásquez: Venezuelan model actress and producer
- Lee Young-ae: South Korean actress
- Viktor Maksimovich Zhirmunsky: Russian literary historian, linguist (Born 1891).
- My Sweet Lord by George Harrison hit #1 on UK pop chart
- & Dave Bancroft and George Weiss elected to baseball Hall of Fame
- Apollo 14 launched, 1st landing in lunar highlands
- US male Figure Skating championship won by John Misha Petkevich.
- Jake Beckley, Joe Kelley, Harry Hooper, Rube Marquard, Chick Hafey and Dave Bancroft and George Weiss elected to baseball Hall of Fame.
- The Winter Soldier Investigation, organized by the Vietnam Veterans Against the War to publicize war crimes and atrocities by Americans and allies in Vietnam, begin in Detroit, Michigan.
- Apollo program: Apollo 14 : Astronauts Alan Shepard, Stuart Roosa, and Edgar Mitchell, aboard a Saturn V, lift off for a mission to the Fra Mauro Highlands on the Moon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?