Thursday 31 January 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pavi Sald and Tory Toogood.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carrie's War.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spasim or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1974 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Pavi Sald: Ice hockey defenseman (Finland, Olympics - 1998).
- Tory Toogood: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Lorenzo Styles: NFL linebacker (Atlanta Falcons).
- Bob Mulder soccer player (Appingedam: FC Groningen).
- Ary Abittan: French actor and comedian with North-african origin.
- Yann Eliès: French professional navigator and skipper, who won the 'Solitaire du Figaro' 2012 thirty-three years after his father, Patrick Elies, won the sailing race (in 1979), then named 'Course de l'Aurore.' In 2013, he again won the 'Solitaire du Figaro,' becoming the first person with two consecutive wins in this race.
- Othella Harrington: American basketball player: forward/center, Rockets
- Anna Silk: TV Actress
- Wil Anderson: Australian comedian and radio host
- Ariel Pestano: Cuban baseball player
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?