Tuesday 31 January 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1978!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1978 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Fabián Caballero: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Brad Rutter: American game show contestant; highest winning champion in Jeopardy! history.
- Ellen Stagg: American photographer.
- Arthur Wellesley: Earl of Mornington, English noble.
- Fabian Caballero: Argentine footballer.
- Ray Shah: Irish radio presenter
- Elvis: The Legend Lives! opens at Palace Theater NYC for 101 performances
- Israel turns three military outposts in West Bank into civilian settlements.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Samantha Sang - Emotion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?