Wednesday 31 January 2001
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to It Wasn't Me by Shaggy.
In UK Touch Me by Rui Da Silva featuring Cassandra was in the top 5 hits.
In the Mood for Love, directed by Kar Wai Wong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Brethren by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rendevouz with Simi Garewal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arctic Thunder or Auxiliary Power's Demolition Derby and Figure 8 Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 2001!
Which were the important events of 31 January 2001 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 January
- In the Netherlands, a Scottish court convicts Libyan Abdelbaset al-Megrahi and acquits another Libyan citizen for their part in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988.
- Sega officially announces that they've discontinued their Dreamcast system. They also said that they vowed never to make another video game system ever again and to make only video games.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 January 2001
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Rui Da Silva featuring Cassandra - Touch Me
- Bob The Builder - Can We Fix It
- Fragma featuring Maria Rubia - Everytime You Need Me
- It's The Way You Make Me Feel / Too Busy Thinking About My Baby - Steps
- Eminem - Stan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?