Wednesday 31 January 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while The Best Life Diet by Bob Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 31 January 2007 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 January
- Delta Air Lines creditors officially reject US Airways' hostile takeover bid.
- The Mooninite scare occurs in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, when devices used in a guerrilla marketing campaign for the animated television series Aqua Teen Hunger Force are mistaken for improvised explosive devices.
- Suspects are arrested in Birmingham in the UK, accused of plotting the kidnap, holding and eventual beheading of a serving Muslim British soldier in Iraq.
- Lord Levy, The British Prime Minister Tony Blair's Middle East Envoy, and the Labour Party's chief fundraiser (or 'Lord Cashpoint') is arrested for a second time in the Cash for peerages investigation by John Yates of Scotland Yard. This time Levy is arrested on account of perverting the course of justice.
- French President Jacques Chirac, in an interview with the ''International Herald Tribune'', says that if the Government of Iran produces one or two nuclear weapons it will pose little danger to its neighbors. If Iran were to try to use a nuclear weapon against Israel, ampquotIt would not have gone off 200 meters into the atmosphere before Tehran would be razed to the ground.ampquot He later retracts his statements, saying he did not realize his comments were on the record. (International
- Ross Wilson, the Ambassador of the United States to Turkey, says the Bush administration opposes a bill in the United States Congress that will recognize the Armenian Genocide, which the United States Government does not recognize. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is criticized after it is revealed that he described the Kyoto global warming protocol as a ampquotsocialist scheme to suck money out of wealth-producing nationsampquot in a 2002 letter. (CBC)
- India's TATA Steel buys steel giant Corus Group for £6.7 billion, making it the world's fifth largest steel manufacturer. (CNN) (Wikinews)
- Germany has ordered the arrest of 13 suspected CIA agents over the alleged kidnapping of Khalid El-Masri. (BBC)
- Archaeologists announce the excavation of the apparent village of the builders of Stonehenge, the largest Neolithic settlement discovered in Britain. (BBC) (Wikinews)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?