Tuesday 31 January 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Set Fire To The Rain by Adele.
Safe House, directed by Daniel Espinosa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 31 January 2012 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 January
- The People's Republic of China claims that 29 Chinese citizens abducted while working on a construction project in the Sudan are still missing. (AP via ABC News America)
- Taliban insurgents attack a Pakistani military post in Jogi with the Pakistani Army suffering seven casualties and another 10 soldiers killed. (AFP via Google News)
- An Afghan woman was killed by her husband and mother-in-law 3 months after giving birth to her third daughter after not producing a son. (''New York Times'')
- Six aid workers are kidnapped in Yemen's Al Mahwit Governorate. (CNN)
- Former Royal Bank of Scotland CEO Fred Goodwin loses his knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II as a result of the near collapse of the bank in 2008. (BBC)
- A search continues off Turkey's Black Sea coast for eight missing crew members of the Cambodia-flagged freighter the Vera. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- Italian divers end their search for victims in the Costa Concordia disaster in the underwater section of the wreck. (BBC)
- The Alaska Volcano Observatory raises its alert warning for the Cleveland Volcano after it starts forming a new lava dome indicating that the mountain could explode. (AP)
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising: The Arab League calls on the United Nations Security Council to back its proposal for the President of Syria Bashar al-Assad to hand over power to his deputy and prepare for elections. (Reuters)
- The International Atomic Energy Agency gives its approval to nuclear reactor safety checks made by Japan. (Al Jazeera)
- China tightens control of monasteries and on main roads in Tibet following deadly protests in the region. (''Indian Express'')
- Voters in the US state of Florida go to the polls for a Republican primary with Mitt Romney projected to win. (ReuterS)
- The Cabinet of Japan approves a bill to put a 40-year cap on the life of nuclear reactors following the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (AP)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu comfortably wins a leadership election for the Likud Party defeating Moshe Feiglin. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Democratic Party candidate Suzanne Bonamici wins a special election to represent the 1st congressional district of Oregon in the United States House of Representatives. (''The Oregonian'' via OregonLive)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?