Monday 31 July 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 31 July 1933 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 July 1933 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
See other famous people born on 31 July
Cees Nooteboom: Dutch writer of novels, travel literature, poetry and journalist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1933?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Juan Trippe -- July 31, 1933
- Science: Science vol. 78 issue 2013
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Harold L. Ickes -- July 24, 1933
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This book was written in 1933 and became an international best-seller and a 1934 film. It tells the story of a southern Maine farm family in the early depression through the seasons of the year--starting and ending in winter a ...
Sinclair Lewis takes a distasteful and controversial subject and spins one of his best books. The book examines the feminist / women's suffrage during the early 1900's through the 1930's by following Ann Vicker's life.
When Robert Merrick's life is saved at the expense of the life of an eccentric but adored surgeon, the carefree playboy is forced to reevaluate his own path.
Tell the world why 31 July 1933 is such a special date for you!