Monday 31 July 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nico and Sherry Lansing in Chicago.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1944 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Nico: US model / pop singer (Velvet Underground, Venus in Furs).
- Sherry Lansing in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (The China Syndrome, Black Rain).
- Geraldine Chaplin in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Dr Zhivago, The Three Musketeers).
- Robert C Merton: American mathematician.
- Henry Akin: American athlete, played pro basketball for two seasons beginning in 1966.
- Geraldine Chaplin: American actress and first of eight children of British comedian-legend Charlie Chaplin and his wife, Oona O’Neill, the granddaughter of playwright Eugene O’Neill. Her first major role was in 1965 when she was cast as the wife of the title character in "Doctor Zhivago." The same year, she met director Carlos Saura and had a son with him. One of her many roles was to play her own grandmother in the movie, "Chaplin," 1992, a biography of her father.
- Jonathan Dimbleby: British journalist and television presenter
- Sherry Lansing: American actress and producer
- Robert Merton: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- David Norris: Congolese-Irish scholar and politician
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery: French pilot and writer (Born 1900).
- Last deportation train out Mechelen departs to Auschwitz
- Transport nr 77 departs with French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- US troops occupy Sansapor New-Guinea
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- Merry Macs - Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes
- His Rocking Horse Ran Away - Betty Hutton
- Time Waits for No One - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?