Saturday 31 July 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1948 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Russell Morris: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Leaveil Degree: Rocker (Whispers).
- Pascal Ory: French historian, specializing in cultural and political history and writing on Fascism in particular.
- Maria "Marie" Hens: Flemish actress (Female Revue), dies at 70.
- Brigadoon closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 581 performances
- President Truman dedicates Idlewild Field (Kennedy Airport), New York
- At Idlewild Field in New York, New York International Airport (later renamed John F. Kennedy International Airport) is dedicated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Call Everybody Darlin' - Anne Vincent
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?