Monday 31 July 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1950 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Lane Davies: Actor (Mason-Santa Barbara, Impure Thoughts).
- Charlie Williams: English racing motorcyclist.
- Richard Berry: French stage comedian, film actor and director, born in a jewish family (Berry was originally Benguigui, and Richard inspired by the British actor Richard Greene).
- Steve Miller: American writer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Play a Simple Melody - Gary Crosby & Friend (Bing Crosby)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?