Tuesday 31 July 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul-Marie Coûteaux and Jacinta De Roeck.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1956 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Paul-Marie Coûteaux: French politician, writer, and former member of the European Parliament for Ile-de-France with the Mouvement pour la France, member of the Bureau of the Independence and Democracy and member of the European Parliament's Committee on Foreign Affairs.
- Jacinta De Roeck: Director of HVV, the Humanistic Organization in Belgium.
- Ernie Dingo: Australian Aboriginal actor and comedian with a magnetic screen presence who has broken new ground in the popular presentation of his native culture during an extensive and remarkable career in film and television.
- Deval Patrick: American lawyer and politician, Governor of Massachusetts from January 2007.
- Michael Biehn: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Bill Callahan: American football player and coach
- Mark Arden: English actor and screenwriter
- Ron Kuby: American lawyer and radio host
- Lynne Perkins: American author and illustrator
- August – The exhibition ''This Is Tomorrow'' opens at Whitechapel Art Gallery in London.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?