Tuesday 31 July 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by Franois Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1962 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Kym Malin: Dallas, Texas -- Playmate (May, 1982).
- Rhonda Reilly: Indianapolis, Indiana -- LPGA golfer (1992 Oldsmobile-48th).
- Troy Murray: Calgary, Alberta -- NHL center (Colorado Avalanche).
- Jackie Bird: Scottish newsreader, proof-reader, journalist and TV personality.
- John Chiang: American lawyer and politician 31st California State Controller.
- Kevin Greene: professional American football player
- John Laurinaitis: American wrestler and producer
- Ezio Rossi: Italian soccer player, a member of the Torino Team.
- Wesley Snipes: American actor
- Sandra "Sweetness": Hodge; basketball player (Harlem Globetrotters).
- Federation of Malaysia forms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Theme From Dr. Kildare (Three Stars Will Shine Tonight) - Richard Chamberlain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?