Wednesday 31 July 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to So Much In Love by The Tymes.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Siege of the Saxons, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1963 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Norman Cook: British musician (The Housemartins, Freak Power, Beats International, Fatboy Slim).
- Fergus Henderson: English chef and author.
- Brian Skrudland: Peace River -- NHL center (Florida Panthers).
- Sir Robert Chapman: British soldier and politician (Born 1880).
- Arturo Illia elected President of Argentina
- Cleveland Indians tie record of four consecutive home runs (Held, Ramos, Francona, Brown).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Doris Troy - Just One Look
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?