Friday 31 July 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Iguana, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1964 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- C Catch: Dutch-German singer.
- Jim Corr: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Corrs).
- Urmas Hepner: Estonian footballer and coach.
- Jim Reeves: American country western singer, known for his velvety smooth baritone.
- Al Parker glides 644 miles without any motor
- George Lascelles marries Patricia Tuckwell
- Rolling Stone concert in Ireland halts after 12 minutes due to riot
- US Ranger 7 takes 4,316 pictures before crashing on the Moon. These are the first close-up photographs of the moon, with images 1,000 times clearer than anything ever seen from earth-bound telescopes.
- The Final Looney Tune, ampquotSeñorella and the Glass Huaracheampquot, is released before the Warner Bros. Cartoon Division is shut down by Jack Warner.
- Emancipation Day in Barbados, Bermuda, Guyana, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, and Jamaica – celebration of the end of slavery in these former and continuing British colonies in the Caribbean.
- American civil rights movement: The bodies of murdered civil rights workers Michael Schwerner, Andrew Goodman and James Chaney are found.
- Vietnam War: United States destroyers USS ''Maddox'' and USS ''C. Turner Joy'' are attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin. Air support from the carrier USS ''Ticonderoga'' sinks 1 gunboat, while the other 2 leave the battle.
- The Simba rebel army in the Democratic Republic of the Congo captures Stanleyville, and takes 1,000 Western hostages.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?