Sunday 31 July 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Wild Thing by The Troggs.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1966 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Tatsuya Ishihara: Japanese animator and director.
- Kevin Martin: Canadian curler and sportscaster.
- Julie Forbes: Torphins, Scotland -- Golfer (Aberdeenshire champ 1989).
- Marina V A Mowatt [Ogilvy]: Daughter of English Princess Alexandra.
- Tylin John: Encino, California -- Playmate (Mar, 1992).
- Neri Marcorè: Italian actor, dubber, imitator, TV presenter and singer.
- Dean Cain: American actor
- Marina Ogilvy: British noted family, the daughter of Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus Ogilvy. A minor member of the royal family (24th in line for the British throne), she was six-months pregnant in February, 1990 when she married photographer father-to-be Paul Mowatt in Ham, England, and reconciled with her parents.
- Charles Whitman wounds 46 and kills 5 at University of Texas
- Alabamans burn products of The Beatles due to John Lennon's "bigger than Jesus" remark.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?