Sunday 31 July 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Forbes and Marina V A Mowatt [Ogilvy].
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Wild Thing by The Troggs.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1966 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Julie Forbes: Torphins, Scotland -- Golfer (Aberdeenshire champ 1989).
- Marina V A Mowatt [Ogilvy]: Daughter of English Princess Alexandra.
- Tylin John: Encino, California -- Playmate (Mar, 1992).
- Neri Marcorè: Italian actor, dubber, imitator, TV presenter and singer.
- Marina Ogilvy: British noted family, the daughter of Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus Ogilvy.
- Dean Cain: American actor
- Tatsuya Ishihara: Japanese animator and director
- Kevin Martin: Canadian curler and sportscaster
- Charles Whitman wounds 46 and kills 5 at University of Texas
- Alabamans burn products of The Beatles due to John Lennon's "bigger than Jesus" remark.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 July 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?