Monday 31 July 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
In the Heat of the Night, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1967 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Elizabeth Wurtzel: NYC, New York -- Actress (Prozac Nation).
- Minako Honda: Japanese singer and musical actress (Born 1967).
- Mitsuo Iwata: Japanese voice actor.
- Tony Massenburg: American basketball player.
- Peter Rono: Kenyan-American runner.
- Tim Wright: Welsh composer
- Rodney Harvey: American actor, a sad and sordid story of a young man who was unable to handle the lethal combination of fame, fortune and drugs. Barely 5' 6" and touchingly handsome, he was for a while a golden boy, hanging out with the Hollywood young crowd to talk films and party like there is no tomorrow. He was picked up literally from the streets at 16 by a filmmaker who saw him transacting a deal to buy a knife, and put into a small role for $100 a day plus expenses. He was in "Spike of Bensonhurst" and
- Rolling Stone Mick Jagger and Keith Richards end 1 month jail sentence
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Association - Windy
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?