Thursday 31 July 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Langa Sibanda and Richard Griffith.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
More, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1969 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Langa Sibanda: Miss Universe - Zimbabwe (1996).
- Richard Griffith: NFL tight end (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Rudolf Martin: Germany -- Actor (Anton-All My Children).
- Kenneth D Schisler: American politician.
- Olivier Allamand: French skier, the winner of a Silver Medal at the Albertville Olympics, 2/13/1992.
- Loren Dean: Las Vegas, Nevada -- Actor (Billy Bathgate, Say Anything)
- Kid Kash: American wrestler and mixed martial artist
- Kenneth Schisler: American lawyer and politician
- KWIH TV channel 44 in Winona, MN (IND) begins broadcasting
- Mariner 6 flies past Mars
- National Guard mobilizes in racial disturbances in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- The halfpenny ceases to be legal tender in the UK.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 July 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?