Monday 31 July 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1972 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Antonio Langham: NFL cornerback (Cleveland Browns).
- Jason Gildon: NFL linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Ray McElroy: NFL center (Indianapolis Colts).
- Tami Stronach: Teheran, Iran -- Actress (Neverending Story).
- Giorgos Kapoutzidis: Greek actor and screenwriter.
- Paul-Henri Spaak: Belgian lawyer and politician 46th Prime Minister of Belgium (d. 1972).
- Dick Allen is 7th to hit 2 inside-the-park homers in a game
- Thomas Eagleton withdraws as Democratic Vice Presidential candidate.
- Operation Motorman: British troops move into the no-go areas of Belfast and Derry, Northern Ireland. End of Free Derry.
- Three car bombs are detonated in Claudy, Northern Ireland, killing nine in what is believed to be a Provisional Irish Republican Army attack.
- Northeast Airlines flies its last flight before being integrated into Delta Air Lines the next day.
- The Troubles, Northern Ireland:
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Derek and the Dominos - Layla
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?