Tuesday 31 July 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Rivera and Andy Macdonald.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
Jesus Christ Superstar, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1973 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Jerry Rivera: in Puerto Rico; spanish singer.
- Andy Macdonald: American professional skateboarder.
- Wail al-Shehri: Saudi Arabian terrorist hijacker of American Airlines Flight 11 (d. 2001).
- Nathan Brown: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Fabulous Flournoy: American basketball player and coach Newcastle Eagles.
- Azumafuji Kin'ichi: Japanese sumo wrestler (the 40th Yokozuna) and professional wrestler (Born 1921).
- Delta Airlines DC-9 crashes in fog at Logan Airport, Boston, killing all but one of 89 aboard. Lone survivor dies 6 months later
- ABA Virginia Squires trade Julius Erving to the New York Nets.
- A Delta Air Lines jetliner crashes while landing in fog at Logan Airport, Boston, Massachusetts killing 89.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 July 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?