Tuesday 31 July 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
Jesus Christ Superstar, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1973 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Andy Macdonald: American professional skateboarder.
- Jerry Rivera: in Puerto Rico; spanish singer.
- Wail al-Shehri: Saudi Arabian terrorist hijacker of American Airlines Flight 11 (d. 2001).
- Nathan Brown: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Fabulous Flournoy: American basketball player and coach Newcastle Eagles.
- Azumafuji Kin'ichi: Japanese sumo wrestler (the 40th Yokozuna) and professional wrestler (Born 1921).
- Delta Airlines DC-9 crashes in fog at Logan Airport, Boston, killing all but one of 89 aboard. Lone survivor dies 6 months later
- ABA Virginia Squires trade Julius Erving to the New York Nets.
- A Delta Air Lines jetliner crashes while landing in fog at Logan Airport, Boston, Massachusetts killing 89.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?