Saturday 31 July 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Kiss And Say Goodbye by The Manhattans.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Obsession, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1976!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1976 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Joshua Cain: American guitarist and producer (Motion City Soundtrack).
- Paulo Wanchope: Costa Rican footballer and manager.
- Seychelles Independence (Independence day)
- Waldemar Cierpinski runs Olympic marathon (2:09:55.0)
- Viking program: Viking 1 : NASA releases the famous Face on Mars photo.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Seals and Crofts - Get Closer
- The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
- The Beach Boys - Rock And Roll Music
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- Wings - Let 'Em In
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?