Friday 31 July 1981
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include JSon Dinant and Matthew Sanders.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.
In UK Ghost Town by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Heavy Metal, directed by Gerald Potterton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Troubles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apple Panic or Kick.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1981!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1981 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- JSon Dinant: American comedian.
- Matthew Sanders: American singer (Avenged Sevenfold).
- Matt Shadows: Metal Singer.
- Titus Bramble: English footballer.
- Vernon Carey: American football player.
- Eric Lively: American actor.
- Ira Losco: Maltese singer
- M Shadows: American singer-songwriter (Avenged Sevenfold)
- Paul Whatuira: New Zealand rugby player
- Gen Omar Torrijos: Leader of Panama, dies in plane crash.
- 42 day old, 2nd major league baseball strike ends
- Arnette Hubbard installed as 1st woman President of National Bar Association
- A 42 day-long strike of Major League Baseball ends.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 July 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Marty Balin - Hearts
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?