Wednesday 31 July 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shout by Tears For Fears.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Real Genius, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1985 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Alissa White-Gluz: Metal Singer.
- Daniel Ciofani: Italian footballer.
- Shannon Curfman: American singer and guitarist.
- Rémy Di Gregorio: French cyclist.
- Remy Di Gregorio: French cyclist.
- Eugene Carson Blake: Secretary General World Council of Churches, dies at 78.
- Liberia recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- DeBarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?