Sunday 31 July 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miles Brock and AJ Green.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
Cocktail, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Legendary Wings or Hot Rod.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1988 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Miles Brock: Reality Star.
- AJ Green: Football Player.
- Charlie Carver: TV Actor.
- A Green: American football player.
- Krystal Meyers: American Christian singer/songwriter/musician.
- Alex Glenn: New Zealand rugby league footballer
- Trinidad Silva: Killed in auto accident at 38.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Greater Washington Golf Open
- Jose Canseco is 1st to hit 30 HRs in 1st 3 years
- Last Playboy club closes (Lansing, Michigan)
- Miami Dolphins beat San Francisco 49ers 27-21 in London.
- Trindad Silva of TV show Hill Street Blues, dies at age 38 in an auto accident.
- Shooting of Allama Arif Hussain Hussaini, leader of Pakistani Shia Muslims, in Peshawar.
- The 1988 Malaysian constitutional crisis culminates in the ouster of the Lord President of Malaysia, Salleh Abas.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- Richard Marx - Hold On To The Nights
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- INXS - New Sensation
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Jane Wiedlin - Rush Hour
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?