Tuesday 31 July 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marx and Venus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3DiTeams or AMF Bowling Pinbusters!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 31 July 2007 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 July
- Operation Banner, the presence of the British Army in Northern Ireland, and the longest-running British Army operation ever, comes to an end.
- Nuradin Abdi, a Somali citizen living in the United States, pleads guilty to providing material support to terrorists in connection with a plot to blow up a shopping mall in Columbus, Ohio. (CNN)
- The President of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega offers to give up SAM-7 surface-to-air missiles in exchange for helicopters, surgical supplies and medicine from the United States. (AP via Washington Post)
- The board of News Corporation formally approves a $5 billion bid for Dow Jones with Dow Jones agreeing to the terms. (CNN Money)
- Archaeologists discover the remains of the lost city of Rhakotis in Alexandria's East Bay. (National Geographic)
- Retired United States Army Lieutenant-General Philip Kensinger is censured by the Army over his role in the series of errors following the death of Ranger Pat Tillman in 2004. (AP via New York Times)
- The United Nations Security Council authorises up to 26,000 troops and soldiers being sent to the Darfur region of Sudan (United Nations African Union Mission in Darfur or UNAMID). (Reuters)
- The United States House of Representatives passes a the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act, a comprehensive ethics and lobbying reform bill 411-8. It bans lobbyists and their clients from giving members of the United States Congress gifts and provides for mandatory disclosure of earmarks in expenditure bills. (Fox News)
- Australia and New Zealand refer a dispute over an Australian ban on apple imports from New Zealand to the World Trade Organisation. (ABC News Australia)
- Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt is jailed for six years, fined Rs. 25,000 and his probation plea rejected on charges of obtaining weapons from gangsters in a case associated with the 1993 Mumbai bombings. (Sky)
- Worsening floods affecting eastern India, Bangladesh and Nepal has led to millions of people leaving their homes. (BBC News) 160 people confirmed dead in Bangladesh alone.
- The ZANU-PF political party in Zimbabwe declares its support for making President Robert Mugabe, head of state since 1979, president-for-life. (IRIN)
- The International Monetary Fund estimates that inflation in Zimbabwe could reach 100,000% by the end of 2007. (ABC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Timbaland - The Way I Are
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- What Time Is It - High School Musical 2 Cast
- Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
- Hurricane Chris - A Bay Bay
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
- Bartender - T-Pain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?