Thursday 31 July 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Pineapple Express, directed by David Gordon Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mummy Forensics.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing International Karate + or Chaos;Head.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 31 July 2008 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 July
- The Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger acts to end a budget crisis by firing 22,000 California state workers and cutting the pay of 200,000 more. (BBC)
- NASA announces discovery of water on Mars. (AFP by Google News)
- A Raytheon Hawker 800 corporate jet crashes in Owatonna, Minnesota, resulting in at least eight deaths. (AP via Google News) (Wikinews Article)
- The Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick signs legislation allowing gay and lesbian couples from other states to get married in Massachusetts. (''Boston Globe'')
- Radovan Karadžić, former Bosnian Serb leader, announces that he will defend himself at his trial for war crimes at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia. (BBC News)
- A Thai court sentences Pojaman Shinawatra, the wife of former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra, to jail for three years for tax evasion. (AP via CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?