Saturday 31 July 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Step Up 3D, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 31 July 2010 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 July
- Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky marry in Rhinebeck, New York. (UPI)
- The United States Department of Commerce releases statistics showing that the United States economy shrank by 4.1 per cent between the 4th quarter of 2007 and the second quarter of 2009, a deeper recession than previously thought. (Bloomberg)
- The report of the Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission into the Black Saturday bushfires that killed 173 people in Victoria, Australia, is tabled in the Parliament of Victoria. It contains 67 recommendations including changes to evacuation policy and an increase in backburning. (ABC Online)
- The black box for Airblue Flight 202 which crashed near Islamabad, Pakistan, is found. (DAWN)
- Germany holds a memorial service for the 21 victims of the Love Parade disaster. (BBC)
- United States and Michigan government officials say it will take months to clean up an oil spill in the Kalamazoo River in southern Michigan and considerably longer for the ecosystem to recover. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- An explosion in a coal mine in Shanxi Province, China leaves 17 people dead while 24 miners are trapped by flooding in a nearby mine. (UPI)
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating whether civilians conspired with a US soldier to release classified information available on Wikileaks. (UPI)
- Mexican police rescue two television camera operators kidnapped by drug cartels on Monday. (Reuters via ''New York Times'')
- Pakistani intelligence officials cancel a planned visit to the United Kingdom after British Prime Minister David Cameron warned Pakistan to avoid links with groups that ampquotpromote the export of terrorampquot. However, a visit by President Asif Ali Zardari will go ahead. (BBC)
- Police fire rubber bullets to disperse rioting garment workers as protests spread beyond the capital Dhaka to other Bangladeshi cities. (AFP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?