Sunday 31 July 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Change-Up, directed by David Dobkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 31 July 2011 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 July
- At least 9 people including a suspect are killed and 28 others are injured in a knife attack in Kashgar, west Xinjiang, China, marking the second attack of the month in Xinjiang. (''The Washington Post'')
- Ramadan Massacre:
- At least 121 people are killed in a Syrian Army tank raid on the town of Hama and over 150 people are reportedly killed across the country. (Al-Arabiya)
- At least seven people drown after a collision between a pleasure boat and a barge in central Moscow, Russia. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- No-one was killed when a Caribbean Airlines Boeing 737 plane crashed and split in two at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, Guyana (''The Trinidad Guardian'')
- Mexican Federal Police say suspected cartel leader José Antonio Acosta Hernández, who was arrested on Friday, has confessed to ordering the murder of 1,500 people in the country's northern state of Chihuahua. (BBC)
- 2011 U.S. debt ceiling crisis
- The Senate of the United States fails to pass legislation lifting the debt ceiling with compromise talks continuing. (''New York Times'')
- Barack Obama, the President of the United States, and Congressional leaders reach a deal on extending the debt ceiling. (''Washington Post'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?