Tuesday 31 July 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Campaign, directed by Jay Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 31 July 2012 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 July
- The Syrian military continues to pound Aleppo with artillery. Opposition forces claim that they have driven the Syrian army out of the city. (Reuters)
- Police in Norway evacuate the area surrounding the U.S. embassy in the capital Oslo after a suspicious package was discovered. It is later confirmed as a false alarm. (Reuters)
- At least 21 people are killed in two car bomb blasts in Baghdad, Iraq. (BBC)
- American writer Gore Vidal dies at the age of 86 from complications of pneumonia. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Advertiser accuses Facebook of fraud after discovering that 80% of the clicks they're paying for are from bots, and not actual potential customers. (Business Insider)
- Following the @ reply and # hashtag, social media service Twitter introduces the $ symbol, a way for users to click on stock symbols and see related tweets. (CNN Money)
- German global financial services company Deutsche Bank announces plans to cut 1,900 jobs. (Reuters)
- 2012 northern India power grid failure:
- A second power cut hits northern India and leaves 670 million people without electricity. (Reuters)
- The northeastern power grid also fails becoming the third after the north and eastern grids. (AFP via NineMSN)
- United States President Barack Obama announces additional sanctions against Iran for its nuclear program. (CNN)
- Russian anti-corruption campaigner Alexei Navalny is charged with fraudulent conversion. (BBC)
- Mercosur grants full membership for Venezuela. (El País)
- Voters in the US state of Texas go to the polls for a runoff election in the Republican Senate primary with Ted Cruz defeating David Dewhurst. (''Washington Post'')
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- In swimming, Michael Phelps of the United States wins a record 19th Olympic medal, with gold in the 4x200 metres freestyle relay. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?