Saturday 31 March 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1917 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Dorothy DeLay: American violinist and educator (d. 2002).
- US purchases Danish West Indies for $25M and renames them Virgin Islands
- The USA assumes control of the Danish West Indies.
- The United States takes possession of the Danish West Indies after paying $25 million to Denmark, and renames the territory the United States Virgin Islands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Grace Kerns
- American Quartet - How's Every Little Thing in Dixie?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?