Saturday 31 March 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1934 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Kamala Surayya: Indian poet and author.
- Grigori Grigoyevich Nelyubov: Russia -- Cosmonaut (Vostok 1 backup).
- Carlo Rubbia: Italian nuclear physicist who, with his partner Simon van der Meer, won the 1984 Nobel Prize for Physics.
- Shirley Jones: American actress of TV and film, singer and leader of the famed Partridge Family Band.
- Richard Chamberlain: American actor seen on TV and film.
- John D Loudermilk rock drummer/vocalist ("Language of Love": "Norman").
- Wim H: Sinnige; Dutch alderman of finance (social democratic).
- John Loudermilk: American Country-Western singer, a strange figure from the early days of rock ’n’ roll. He performed under the names Johnny Dee and Ebe Sneezer and the Epidemics, and although an eccentric singer, he was more of a songwriter. His last big success was "Indian Reservation," a hit recorded by Paul Revere and the Raiders during 1971.
- John D Loudermilk: American singer and songwriter
- Franz Ehrle: German jesuit/head of Vatican library, dies at age 88.
- Netherlands Indies BC Ltd begins radio transmission (Indonesia)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 March 1934 and get them!