Friday 31 March 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1939 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Zviad Gamsakhurdia: Georgian anthropologist and politician 1st President of Georgia (d. 1993).
- Walker Miller: American lawyer and judge (d. 2013).
- Volker Schlöndorff: German director and producer.
- Karl-Heinz Schnellinger: German footballer.
- Heinz Schnellinger: .
- Volker Schlondorff: German film director
- Israel Horovitz: American playwright of more than 50 plays translated into over thirty languages. He is reportedly the most-produced American playwright in France. Author of such works as "Lebensraum," "The Indian Wants The Bronx," and the "Growing Up Jewish" trilogy, he has won two Obie awards, an Emmy, a Drama Desk Award and the Cannes Film Festival's Prix Du Jury for his work. He is the founder of the New York Playwrights Lab and the co-founder and artistic director of the Gloucester Stage Company. He directe
- Britain and France agree to support Poland if invaded by Germany
- Neville Chamberlain gives a speech in the House of Commons offering the British quotguaranteequot of the independence of Poland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 March 1939 and get them!