Tuesday 31 March 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Warlock, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1959 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Markus Hediger: Swiss poet and translator.
- Ali McMordie: Irish bass player (Stiff Little Fingers and Friction Groove).
- Thierry Claveyrolat: French road bicycle racer.
- Peter Suhrkamp: German publisher (Suhrkamp Verlag), dies at 68.
- Dalai Lama fled China and was granted political asylum in India
- The 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, crosses the border into India and is granted political asylum.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Ricky Nelson - It's Late
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 March 1959 and get them!