Sunday 31 March 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J R Reid and Tony Jones.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Congratulations by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Party, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1968 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- J R Reid: NBA forward (NY Knicks, Charlotte Hornets).
- Tony Jones: American theologian, author, blogger, and speaker who is a leading figure in the emerging church movement and postmodern Christianity.
- Yann Moix: French writer and film director born in a Jewish family (Moix comes from "Moïse").
- JR Reid: American basketball player: forward/center, Hornets.
- Kimmo Kinnunen: Finnish javelin thrower.
- Naoya Ogawa: Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist
- J Reid: American basketball player and coach
- Grover Lowdermilk: American baseball player (Born 1885).
- LBJ announces he will not seek re-election
- Pirate Radio Station Pegaus (New Zealand) begins transmitting
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Palm Beach County Golf Open.
- US President Lyndon Johnson announces that he would neither seek nor accept the nomination of his party for re-election.
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces he will not seek re-election.
- Bombs explode at midnight in two department stores in Frankfurt-am-Main Andreas Baader and Gudrun Ensslin are later arrested and sentenced for arson.
- The film ''2001: A Space Odyssey'' premieres in Washington, D.C.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?