Wednesday 31 March 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amanda Moody and Ashton Moore.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor.
In UK I Love To Love by Tina Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Sparkle, directed by Sam O'Steen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stormskärs Maja.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colossal Cave Adventure or F-1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1976!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1976 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Amanda Moody: Orem, Utah -- Miss America - Utah (1996).
- Ashton Moore: American porn actress.
- Ganda: Comedian.
- Shawty Lo: Rapper.
- Anthony B: Jamaican singer and DJ.
- Rich Clementi: American mixed martial artist
- Howard Frier: American basketball player
- Guy Mariano: American skateboarder
- Josh Saviano: American actor and lawyer
- Igors Sļesarčuks: Latvian-Russian footballer
- Alan Tern: Singaporean actor
- Paul Strand: American photographer and filmmaker (Born 1890).
- Cleveland Cavaliers clinch their first ever NBA playoff berth.
- New Jersey Court rules Karen Anne Quinlan may be disconnected from respirator.
- The New Jersey Supreme Court rules that coma patient Karen Ann Quinlan can be disconnected from her ventilator. She remains comatose and dies in 1985.
- Apple Computer Company is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
- Conrail (Consolidated Rails Corporation) is formed by the U.S. government, to take control of 13 major Northeast Class-1 railroads that had filed for bankruptcy protection. Conrail takes control at midnight, as a government-owned and operated railroad until 1986, when it is sold to the public.
- The Jovian-Plutonian gravitational effect is first reported by astronomer Patrick Moore.
- Rwanda recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 March 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Bellamy Brothers - Let Your Love Flow
- Rufus - Sweet Thing
- Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From
- Aerosmith - Dream On
- The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
- Bay City Rollers - Money Honey
- David Bowie - Golden Years
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?