Saturday 31 March 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tragedy by Bee Gees.
In UK I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1979 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Melvin Fowler: American football center.
- Omri Afek: Israeli footballer.
- Euan Burton: Scottish martial artist and coach.
- Alexis Ferrero: Argentinian footballer.
- Josh Kinney: American baseball player.
- The last British soldier leaves the Maltese Islands. Malta declares its Freedom Day (Jum il-Helsien).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
- Melissa Manchester - Don't Cry Out Loud
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 March 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?