Monday 31 March 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Another Brick In The Wall (Part II) by Pink Floyd.
In UK Together We Are Beautiful by Fern Kinney was in the top 5 hits.
The Changeling, directed by Peter Medak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1980!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1980 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Tamar Davis: R&B Singer.
- Kate Micucci: Comedian.
- Trenyce : American singer and actress.
- Martin Albrechtsen: Danish footballer.
- Karolina Lassbo: Swedish lawyer and blogger.
- Dean Clark: English footballer
- Michael Ryder: Canadian ice hockey player
- Maaya Sakamoto: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress
- Chien-Ming Wang: Taiwanese baseball player
- Jenny Smith: Western Australia, Australia -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics)
- Vladimir Holan: Czech poet (Born 1905).
- President Jimmy Carter deregulates banking industry
- Jesse Owens, American athlete (Olympics-gold-1936), dies in Tucson, Arizona at age 66 (born 1913).
- Larry Holmes TKOs Leroy Jones in 8 rounds for WBC heavyweight boxing title.
- Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad operate final train.
- US President Jimmy Carter deregulates banking industry.
- Mike Weaver knocks out John Tate in 15 rounds for WBA heavyweight boxing title.
- The Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific railroad operates its final train after being ordered to liquidate its assets because of bankruptcy and debts owed to creditors.
- The Southern African Development Coordination Conference (SADCC) is formed in Lusaka, Zambia.
- The Mariel boatlift from Cuba begins.
- New York City's Transport Works Union Local 100 goes on strike, which continues for 11 days.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Blondie - Call Me
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Too Hot - Kool & The Gang
- Rupert Holmes - Him
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Linda Ronstadt - How Do I Make You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?