Friday 31 May 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aladar Zoltan and Elaine Stewart in Montclair.
Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1929 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Aladar Zoltan: Composer.
- Elaine Stewart in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; actress (Take the High Ground).
- Neil Shaw: British CEO (Tate & Lyle).
- first reindeer: born in the US.
- Menachem Golan: Israeli director and producer.
- Atlantic City Convention Center opens
- The first talking cartoon of Mickey Mouse, ''The Karnival Kid'', is released.
- The British general election returns a hung parliament yet again the Liberals will determine who has power.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?