Friday 31 May 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1929 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Guy Prigent: France sport Champion.
- first reindeer: born in the US.
- Menahem Golan: Israeli director and producer (d. 2014).
- Aladar Zoltan: Composer.
- Elaine Stewart in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; actress (Take the High Ground).
- Neil Shaw: British CEO (Tate & Lyle)
- Menachem Golan: Israeli director and producer. He produced movies for such stars as Sean Connery, Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Charles Bronson, and was known for a period as a producer of comic book-style movies like Masters of the Universe, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Captain America, and his aborted attempt to bring Spider-Man to the silver screen. Using the pen name of Joseph Goldman, Golan also wrote and "polished" film scripts. He was co-owner of Golan-Globus with his
- Atlantic City Convention Center opens
- The first talking cartoon of Mickey Mouse, ''The Karnival Kid'', is released.
- The British general election returns a hung parliament yet again the Liberals will determine who has power.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?