Sunday 31 May 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Justice Turner and Shirley Verrett in New Orleans.
A Free Soul, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1931 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Justice Turner: .
- Shirley Verrett in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; American mezzo-soprano (Cassandra - Les Troyens).
- John Robert Schrieffer: American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Steve Horn: American politician (Representative-Republican-California).
- Joy Adams: American psychic who has channeled since pre-school, talking regularly to a dead grandmother.
- Shirley Verrett: American opera singer, specializing in soprano for the greater variety of role opportunities, internationally known. Initially a mezzo-soprano, she moved into the soprano range as it offers more role variety. Verrett has starred at the Metropolitan and La Scala, performing leading roles in major cities all over the world.
- John Schrieffer: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Felix-Raymond-Marie Rouleau: French Canadian cardinal (Born 1866).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?