Friday 31 May 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Triumph of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Leslie S. Hiscott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 31 May 1935 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 May 1935 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
See other famous people born on 31 May
Jim Bolger: New Zealand businessman and politician 35th Prime Minister of New Zealand.
- Babe Ruth grounds out in his final at bat
- Quake kills 50,000 in Quetta Pakistan
- A 7.7 Mw earthquake destroys Quetta in modern-day Pakistan: 40,000 dead.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1935?
- Science: Science vol. 81 issue 2109
- Time: Miriam Hopkins in the title role of the first Technicolor film 'Becky Sharp' adapted from Thackeray
- Science: Science vol. 81 issue 2108
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Lloyd Cassel Douglas (1877 – 1951) born Doya C. Douglas, was an American minister and author. He was born in Columbia City, Indiana, spent part of his boyhood in Monroeville, Indiana, Wilmot, Indiana and Florence, Kentucky, where his father, Alexander ...
A novel that takes place in the Valley of Virginia, tracing the experience of a family with four generations of strong women.
The second novel by the great American novelist now the subject of a major new film Genius starring Jude Law Colin Firth Dominic West and Nicole Kidman It is 1920 and Eugene Gant leaves the American South for Harvard New ...
STATED FIRST PRINTING. March 1971 Signet(NAL) mass market paperback, Rachel Field (And Now Tomorrow). After the death of her father, ten year old Kate Fernald and her mother head to the coast of Maine where mom has a job as ...
Tell the world why 31 May 1935 is such a special date for you!